Here's part of the post I created for Lily's two months (on our old blog that I'm currently in the process of transferring over here so I can delete it)...
So what's going on in the life of Lily at two months?
- She is watching EVERYTHING she can. Her vision is improving every day and she can see us from a distance. She also seems to be recognizing faces (especially grandparents).
- She's turning at the sound of our voices. I love this!
- She's sleeping more at night, which I LOVE. There have been nights where she'll sleep through the whole night, ranging from 5-7 hours before waking up to nurse, and then going back to sleep for a couple hours.
- We moved her to her own crib. She was slowly outgrowing the bassinet and it allows me to sleep a little better, as I'm not waking up at every single noise she makes. She also takes naps in her crib. She's still small in the crib, but it's a huge bed!
- She can bare weight on her feet when held to a standing position. She has started to enjoy her standing time.
- We are working on Tummy Time and today saw the longest time she was on it before crying. She is so strong in her legs that she'll push with her feet (either on her back or tummy) and inch along. She's not a fan of using her arms yet, but she still has plenty of time!
- We're also working on sitting up. Her head control is the biggest problem with this, as it's still a little wobbly (but really good!). She sits with me on the couch some times and plays on the computer or watches TV. I think she likes the change and that she's not always laying down/propped up.
- She makes so many noises! She definitely does more than a few at a time. It's adorable!
- She SMILES all the time! Her happiest time is in the morning, but she is such a happy baby. Even when she cries, she'll stop and try to smile.
- Her hair is growing in and looking reddish. We can't tell if it'll be like Mommy's or a lighter strawberry blonde. But it definitely has some red in it!
- She had her first big trip this past week while we went on our family vacation to the lake. She enjoyed boating but not swimming.
- Her nails are finally thick enough to cut with the nail clippers. This makes my job a lot easier as I used to have file or pick at the nails.
- She can go 2 hours (or more) in between feedings. It helps when she has distractions, but 2 hours seems to be her average time. I need to work on this as next month sees me going back to work.
- She easily fits in her 3 month clothes. 0-3 works on some, but some seem to be a little small. NB is out of the question and look tiny!!
- She's still not a fan of bottles or pacifiers but has taken both on a few occasions.
- She HATES to be wet. Dirty is fine, wet is not. She will CRY so loud and hard when she's wet.
- Car rides are still going well, unless she's wet.
- She still fights sleep and will cry when super tired. Some times she'll cry for a few seconds and then fall right asleep, other nights it takes a long time (just ask daddy!).
- Her cries come for reasons (although some people think she may be colicky, we don't think so) and they come in various sounds, pitches and lengths.
- She loves attention and loves being held, but needs her own time too. She really enjoys time on her back to stretch out and move.
- She has fallen in love with her Grandpa J after a few naps together. He was great at getting her to go to sleep during the vacation. (But don't worry other grandparents - she loves you all!).
- She watches me eat. She'll watch the food and then she'll watch me take it to my mouth. It's fun because I know that means one step closer to eating her own food (and maybe a little less dependency on mom).
- She's starting to notice her feet. She hasn't grabbed for them yet or seemed that interested, but she'll look at them some.
Thursday, January 30, 2014
Sunday, January 26, 2014
I am so behind! Nate's 2 months fell on Christmas and it's been crazy ever since as we try to adjust to both of us working full time, Lily in preschool and life as a family of 4 still. Mainly I just can't get into a groove, but I feel that is due to my now THREE month old that hasn't gotten a schedule yet either. He is always growing and ALWAYS eating! I swear he'll out eat Lily soon.
Here are Nate's two month shots. After reviewing Lily's two month shots, I think I may move back to taking some in the crib to show any difference in size by measuring against it. We'll see. I need to take his three month shots now!
Tuesday, January 14, 2014
Wow! How are we already almost half way through January?
(All above photos were taken Christmas Eve at my parents' farm.)
Last week, as everyone was aware of, we had horrible weather and it postponed the beginning of our Spring Semester by two days. So, instead of starting on Monday, we started Wednesday. Although I miss spending all day with Nate the Great, I know he's in good hands with my mom. I also missed some of my coworkers and being around adults through the day. I'm still learning my new students as I have about 40-50 new faces. I have roughly 100 students that I see daily but I know most of them. My 6th graders (I teach 6-8 for those that don't know) are new to the building so I may recognize them from last semester but I don't have all of their names down yet. Getting there!
Photos above include Christmas Eve at my parents' house and a later celebration of Christmas at my in-laws' house. The above photo was a challenge to get! Four kids, 4 and under! Lily and Will are 3 months apart (Lily being older) and Nate and Kyla are 3 months apart (Kyla being older). This Christmas was calm compared to what future years will hold!
Below: Can you believe Nate is three months YOUNGER than her?!
As for the rest of life, it seems to be flying by! I wanted to get some photos uploaded since Christmas but between spending extra time with our family and Lily (we kept her home from daycare for two weeks), we've been busy with being lazy and enjoying each others' company.
So...instead of random posts about individual things, this is a "catch everyone up to date" post and I'll hopefully get on a schedule at some point. I also have a blog for my classroom and I want to work on it, getting pictures and information up on it, so hopefully I can do both.
Doug and I are both working full time, Doug's doing extra coaching after school (and that'll continue until May), Lily is loving preschool and being with friends, and my parents are watching Nate. My dad even installed our dishwasher! If you want more up to the date happenings, follow me on Instagram at thebrickbungalow.
Thursday, January 2, 2014
I am officially calling 2013 The Year of Nate! So other things happened, some good and some sad, but let's face it, 2013 focused on the pregnancy and delivery, plus celebrating his 2 months on Christmas, of our newest family member. But for the rest of the year...
We started the year in Nashville after driving part way home from Alabama. The rest of the month seemed to focus on very little other than the return to work for both of us.
We also bought furniture for our upstairs TV area (in our master bedroom).
|P.S. Ignore the messy table, this was just when we bought the chairs and I threw the glittery pillow on one and snapped a pic.|
Doug and I went to the Boyz II Men concert and we replaced our dining room chandelier with a more modern one. We also found out that we were pregnant (very, very early).
I took you on a Home Tour of our Dining Room and that was about it as there was a lot going on behind the blog. Work was work, I was planning for a sub for maternity leave, and probably going through my morning sickness at this point.
This was a crazy busy month with the announcement of Baby #2 (and some complications to the pregnancy, aka one of the most stressful times in my life) but also Doug's birthday. I did show off a little bit of the early spring garden in Lily's Garden.
May is always a busy month as it's the last month of work before summer and of course, Miss Lily's birthday month! We also found out that Baby #2 was a BOY!
June was one of the busiest months as it saw so much happen to Lily's big girl room. It went from nasty dark before to the beautiful, bright room it is now (maybe this year I'll get to a full reveal!). We ripped down the tiled ceiling and replaced the two windows before finishing it up in July.
June saw a lot of growth in Lily's Garden with a little mini tour and a new area rug in our dining room.
We continued the process in Lily's room by installing insulation, drywall, and board and batten. We also celebrated the 4th at my Great Uncle's farm, went to the lake for a few days, and I wrote about how my brother would have turned 34. Doug also worked hard on creating his backyard masterpiece, the new deck!
August was quick to roll around and saw us going back to work. Our sidewalk was completed, we installed a DIY fence in Lily's Garden, Lily's old room went from green to gray for our Little Man, and we got the furniture installed back in the nursery.
I finally finished two items off my 40 Before 40 list (the necklace and earring holders), I bought some pillows for our living room in hopes to distract your eyes from our oversized green furniture (that will be replaced some day!), and Lily was in the Homecoming Parade!
The month of Nate! I finally reached the point in pregnancy with weekly visits, begging the doctor to say I was ready (no such luck) so we planned his eviction date. The rest of month was busy finalizing things, celebrating Halloween with our kitty cat (and newborn!), and adding three new hydrangeas to Lily's Garden (nothing like some digging and hard labor to hopefully start some of my own laboring). But of course, the main focus was on this guy. And I can't forget, we celebrated 11 YEARS together as a couple!
I became a stay at home mom (or just on maternity leave as I will be going back) while Doug continued to work and Lily stayed at pre-school. I did show off our upstairs TV area (that still needs some help!), and we celebrated my dad's 60th birthday, Nate's one month birthday, and Thanksgiving. I also finally showed off the driftwood heart art that I made.
I had an early Christmas with the purchase and arrival of my new kitchen appliances, I took you on a Christmas Home Tour, I showed you Lily's crazy Christmas tree, and Nate's Christmas tree (that I love!) and we enjoyed a bunch of time together!
What a year! I look forward to this year too, including catching up with a few posts I still need to do from Christmas. I've been under the weather and feeling extremely lazy this past week. Monday will be back to work for us. Nate and Lily have doctor check ups so we'll finally get to see how big the boy has gotten (and Lily too). Happy New Year!