{Baby Boy} 23 Weeks

At 22 weeks, we had our ultrasound done on Baby Boy. They surprised us by doing a 4D of his beautiful face. A lot of people commented on this photo on Facebook that he looks a lot like Lily, but I don't agree. His nose is completely different. Her nose was a little turned up cute button nose and this one isn't. Their lips are similar, as Lily has a bigger upper lip (especially in the ultrasounds). I wish I had a 4D one of her at this age. 

His spine. 

We had many more photos taken and some day when I buy a new scanner, I may scan them all in but I don't see that happening any time soon (sorry!). 

He is doing extremely well. I'll go into the whole story about him later but they checked his heart with a special part of the ultrasound and things are looking great. The doctor said everything is perfect and normal - two words you want to hear! He is measuring big, weighing in (at the ultrasound) at 1 1/4 pounds - that's easily 1/4 pound bigger than "average" but who says he has to be average? Lily was a big baby, weighing in at 9 lbs 10 oz when she was born, so I'm guessing we'll have a big boy too. 

I am feeling more movement every day. He is sitting extremely low, so it's almost impossible for others to feel at this point. He loves it when I lay down, especially at night. Doug has yet to feel him because the baby isn't regular with this kicks and punches. We saw him move a lot, almost to the point that we never got a good face shot, but they finally got the above photo (those are his hands around him, NOT another baby!). He'll have to move up soon because he'll be running out of room.

Oh, and we still have yet to come up with a name. We both want two different names so until we can find one we both like (and can seriously agree on), he remains Baby Boy or sometimes Little Man. 

For those curious, I am due November 1. It means I'll be out of school the rest of the first semester (roughly 6 1/2 weeks). I'm guessing I'll have to have an C-section, so I won't be able to drive during those 6 weeks anyway. I haven't discussed everything with work but my new principal is aware and my previous principal is still in the district and knows when I'm due. My district is very family oriented and I think the only thing that may happen is not being paid for all of those 6 weeks. Luckily I didn't take many days off the past two years and so I can use quite a few sick and personal days if necessary. We'll see but I'm not worried. I will be back in January for the second semester. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading The Brick Bungalow! Please feel free to leave comments, I always look forward to them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...