{South Side Garden} June Update


Hello! Happy Tuesday!

I took these photos today as I realized it's time for an update. You can see that everything is growing in quite well and the mint may need to be removed, or at least cut back! 

The Bee Balm (bottom right in the above picture) is doing great. 


The Russian Sage, which I have here on our South Side Garden, and in Lily's Garden, is doing great in both locations. Almost a little too good as it's a beast in height and width, but it's beautiful and the pollinators love it! You can see in the above photo that it's behind the containers but definitely towers over things now. 


And new to me this year is Nasturtium. I bought seeds earlier this year and literally pushed them into the ground all over the yard. I had no idea if that would work but it did! It's about the only thing I've successfully grown from seeds as my poppies didn't grow this year (which I'm bummed about). I guess sunflowers have worked but those things act more as volunteers than anything else. 


The Golden Raspberries (one of the bushes in the top photo) did amazing this year. The plant grew many off shoots and I will be moving some this fall or next Spring. The fruit from the original plant was great and the kids loved it! Definitely a keeper and one to try if you haven't experimented with it. 

In the photo above, we have a blueberry (which did produce this year but it's just a baby), the golden raspberries, and tomatoes in the containers. I ate my first tomato today, a little baby cherry tomato. Behind the containers are strawberries and they are doing great. We ate two large berries last night that rivaled those you buy in the store! The lettuce and kale have been given to the chickens as their time is up in the garden. 

What are you growing? We also have blueberries in our front yard, more (regular) raspberries in the back, sunflowers, more tomatoes, loofahs (trying for the first time), and maybe a pepper plant if the chickens didn't eat it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading The Brick Bungalow! Please feel free to leave comments, I always look forward to them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...