{Art} Lotus Painting



I've had this large canvas for years and could never settle on it. I had started something on it twice but never was pleased. Then it finally hit me the other day - paint a giant lotus on it. So I worked on it over the weekend. It's done in acrylic and the photos are from when it was still wet. I'll finish it soon (hopefully) but I'm liking it more and more the way it is. I may hang it up just to see if I still like it. My problem is I can't figure out where to hang it - maybe in my living room on an empty wall? Or upstairs in my bedroom on a very empty stairwell wall (tall and wide). 


Lots of colors are in this painting. I thought of it as a true under painting, with hints of these colors showing through as I layered. But then some stayed, so I don't know. It felt good to paint again and I need to use up some canvases that I've been collecting. I also have a few that are painted with other things that will probably get covered up. No one needs a still life from art school 20 years ago.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading The Brick Bungalow! Please feel free to leave comments, I always look forward to them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...