{Backyard} Raised Beds

Hello Friends! I hope you are all doing well and staying happy and healthy.

Awhile back, my dad and I made raised beds for my back patio. After a lot of discussion, we chose to set them on the concrete as there's plenty of patio space and it allowed for an easier build. We still had to deal with slanting concrete and a few other issues, but nothing that wasn't dealt with. Lots of pictures so enjoy. If we're friends on Facebook, you've seen most or all of these!





























So you can see the photos are from a few different days as things have grown. Even our grass is now growing better, which is crazy because the chickens are confined to one area and the dogs to another. But the garden is doing great. There's a tomato, cucumbers, tomatillos, a few random plants from seeds, and a bunch of flowers. I added the blue bird bath after realizing it wasn't being used in Lily's Garden. I mad continue to add a few pots to the backyard but it won't be right now.

The next "phase" is to buy a few 1/2 whiskey barrels and put 4x4 posts in them with hooks. The bottoms will be planted with flowers and the tops will have strings of lights connecting them, making a big square around the patio. It'll be a great addition and I can't wait to see it all finished.

Another thing on my to do list (and it's been there for awhile), is that stupid shed and hopefully the bushes in front too. I'll finish painting the shed at some point but those bushes need to go! They don't flower or produce anything. They are big and ugly and currently also growing poison ivy. I'll either replace with something flowering and pretty or functional like blueberry bushes. But it's in the chicken yard, so I'll have to be careful with what I choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading The Brick Bungalow! Please feel free to leave comments, I always look forward to them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...