{Food} Retirement Cake

Two ladies at my work are retiring, so we had a little reception for them after school. We were done today (the last day with kiddos) after 1, so it was a nice way to end the early out!

It was a half sheet cake (serving roughly 50 people) and we had a lot left over! I made two flavors of cake - white and chocolate. Both of my flavors start out with cake mixes but I alter them with additional ingredients. It really makes the cakes taste so much better and not so "from the box". The buttercream frosting was easy and used regular ingredients. It's not perfect, but I'll continue working on it. Guess I'm a perfectionist on that one...I also added a touch of edible sparkles to the cake for a fun touch.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading The Brick Bungalow! Please feel free to leave comments, I always look forward to them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...