Door Progress, Day 1

I posted earlier that I was starting on the front door. Today saw a lot of progress!!! I'll let the pictures (and some captions) tell you the story. I hope to continue working on it tomorrow and Thursday. We have to go to Doug's grandmother's funeral Wednesday and will be visiting family that day.


That red is hard to get off!
I still have a ways to go....
Isn't that wood pretty???
The mail slot will be stained along with the rest of the door to help hide it and then we'll buy/make a sign to cover it up.
Part of the paint came off so easily!!
The red is gone! Well, most of it... if you look closely there's still a little.
More pretty wood grain!
The windows. On the bottom row, third from left, is set is slightly deeper than the rest. I had never noticed it until I was scraping the paint off. These windows are hard but are getting there!

3 comments:

  1. Whoa. That's one big task you have going there! Can't wait to see it all finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's totally the door i want! it already looks great in its raw wood form, and it'll be even better when it's all cleaned up and shiny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowzers! I can't believe how far you have come already! The door is going to be gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading The Brick Bungalow! Please feel free to leave comments, I always look forward to them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...