{Lily's Big Girl Room} Closet and Color Combos

As we near the end of the long process that is Lily's Big Girl Room, I am finally able to start adding touches of other colors - mainly pink right now. In the photo below, the circle is the ceiling medallion to go with her ceiling fan and on the right is a bright pink glittery picture frame I picked up at Hobby Lobby. The wall color in the below photo goes a little gray for some reason. 


Here's the medallion with the board and batten. 

And the closet! There's a light in there, which is why it looks like the top is solid white (it's not). You can see that my dad installed a middle board (a 2x8") for support and to divide the space. This will work great as she ages and gets larger clothes. For now, I may put in one of our extra shelf units or just leave it so she can hide for fun. There will be doors installed once the painting is complete. 

We have almost finished painting the room blue and are working on the white too. Everything has been finished with the priming stage so it's just a matter of getting the energy to paint. I can't stand up for super long periods of time because Little Man likes to make my left thigh tingle then fall asleep by sitting on some nerve. It's been discussed with my doctor and all is fine and normal with it, but it still makes it hard to do a ton of painting. But Doug and I are taking turns, so it'll be done soon.


5 comments:

  1. Looks like this is going to be such a fun little girl's room! I am sure your little girl will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving the color combo in here with the pink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the color - pink looks great with the blue! Congrats on your soon to be little one too!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some of my favs, pink and turquoise;). This is fantastic! Please SHARE this cool post at my linky party if you haven’t already, hope you stop by every week and please add as many as you would like! I really appreciate your support and encouragement .
    http://sweethaute.blogspot.com/2013/09/thursday-sweet-haute-share.html

    Be Sweet~
    Christina at
    SWEET HAUTE

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh it looks like it's going to be SO beautiful! I love the colors you chose! What a lucky girl Miss Lily is! Thank you so much for linking up at "Get Your DIY On"! I hope to see you Sunday with your fall wreath! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ~Abby =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading The Brick Bungalow! Please feel free to leave comments, I always look forward to them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...