{Bathroom} Catch Up

Let's play some catch-up, ok? 

I've been a bad blogger lately. It's a good thing that this isn't my job (or will it ever be, in all honesty). But that's life. Last week we took a trip to Kansas City to see Doug's parents, watch a Royals game (a win!), go shopping (hello World Market!), and then go to World's of Fun with Lily. Talk about busy!

Then reality came back to us in the form of work, meetings, classroom set up, lesson plans, etc. 

Needless to say, the posts are lacking. So maybe I can make it up to you? 

Here are my beautiful new floors. I'm in love. Insert big smiling face and hearts shooting from my eyes. 


The door casing, before we puttied the holes and started painting. Notice how I said started? Yeah… the trim's not done. There's this thing called work. And kids. And life. Yep. But really, isn't it going to look so great once it's done? The bright white craftsman style trim next to the paint color? Swoon! 


This is in Instagram photo (follow me @thebrickbungalow). The window is frosted (from the manufacturer) to add privacy. This is the bathroom, after all! And our neighbor's side deck is just outside the window. 


And then here's the beast. I lovingly call it that. My dad and Doug may have other names for it. It's one solid piece, weighing in at about 250 lbs. True story. Black granite countertop, under mount sinks, soft close drawers and cabinets. This is missing the backsplash piece. 


I bought a double bar, hard mounted shower curtain rod. We decided to push it back in towards the tub just enough to make it still feel huge on the inside but not take up too much floor space. The directions wanted the black holder to line up with the edge of the shower. It just seemed weird. Maybe we're the weird ones? 


And the toilet is in! This was during the installation as we had to go back for a different size hose hook up.

So those are the only pictures I have right now. My big camera's battery died, so it'll charge and I'll update with new photos soon. I'd like to get the trim painted this weekend. There's some minor touch ups on the walls too that need dealt with. My dad is working on the medicine cabinets and we need to hang up one more light. 

Although there's stuff still to do, it's minor in comparison to what has happened. I absolutely love this bathroom. The color combination, how we enlarged it, changing the layout, and everything new is just so nice. 

Want to see what it used to look like?!




Now, let's remember this was when we bought the house - I soon removed the wallpaper (white dots on ceiling, border, and decorative piece under lights), painted everything, and replaced the shower curtain. 

1 comment:

Thank you for reading The Brick Bungalow! Please feel free to leave comments, I always look forward to them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...