{Shopping} Thrift Store

While out by myself with nothing but shopping to do (on Doug's orders too!), I decided to squeeze in a trip to one of our local antique malls. I had only been there a couple of times and hadn't seen their expanded area yet. Let me tell you, the place was huge!!! So many things… many not worth a second look, but there were a few things worthy of my time and even a couple that came home with me! 

If you follow me on Instagram (@thebrickbungalow) you will have seen the green light I posted. I'm slightly obsessing over it so I may have to go back and see if it's still there. Maybe it'll be an early birthday present to myself. 

At first I wasn't sure where it would go and I didn't really think it would go with anything. While those are still true, I'm leaning towards it going on our back porch. And no, it doesn't match, but that's part of the beauty in it. Plus I kinda hate the yellow chairs on the porch anyway (just the color really). 


In the same area of the green light was this amber one too. I'm not trilled with the clear one. And the little Buddha on the bottom is great too, although I didn't really focus on him at the time. 


Although I wouldn't buy it, this antique baby scale was in great shape and not that much money. I think it would look great on a kitchen counter or in a bathroom - both of which for me, at least, are tight on space and this was big! Too bad I didn't have this when my own kids were babies or that would have made for some great pictures. 


I've seen the sign, below, before but never for sale. I think it would look fun on a back porch (maybe I'm starting a theme of random items on our porch to add character…it's so boring!). I think I actually took a photo of this sign when I saw it a few years ago.  


I didn't take a photo of what I actually bought - two hippos for Doug to add to his collection and two Jonny Angel kewpies for me because I think they are funny and I smile at them every time I see them. 

Speaking of Doug's hippo collection, we seriously need to make a way to show them all off. I've been hunting for them for years now and we have one from almost every type of material out there - wood, ceramic, resin, and so on - and all different sizes, colors, and shapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading The Brick Bungalow! Please feel free to leave comments, I always look forward to them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...