{Shopping} Michael's and Hobby Lobby

When our bathroom had reached a stopping point (or drying point really), I was left with a free day. Doug said "why not go to town and go shopping by yourself?" and so I took his advice and enjoyed some quiet time. It's not very often that I get a whole day to myself (the kids were at daycare) with absolutely nothing to do. Sure, there were things I could do, but nothing that I had to do. 

So first stop - Michaels. 

I love Michael's art selection so I headed there for some inspiration for future art projects (both for us at home and for my students). I easily got distracted at all the possibilities for home projects when I should of been thinking of new school projects. Like this for instance - marquee letters that are DIY with all of the materials available at both Hobby Lobby and Michael's. How smart!!! 

I love Day of the Dead Sugar Skulls (and teach a lesson to my students with it) but these little wooden cut outs are just great. I'm not ready for Fall yet and am definitely not ready for decorating anything while our house is still in remodeling chaos, but aren't these great?! The two smaller ones were less than $2 each and you can see the larger versions and there were around $5 each. I may just have to buy one… or four.


And Miss Lily wants more rainbow colors in her room (as if it's not colorful enough) but I thought of doing a cool ceiling design using tulle. Michael's has a great selection of all different colors and styles. This may be a plan for next year, if she still wants it. 


Next up - Hobby Lobby. 

Oh, Hobby Lobby. Your decor is off the charts some times and this time around is no exception!

I'm crushing hard on the black, white and gold combo. The large black and gold canvas, the hexagon mirror, the black and gold lamps (kind of pictured) and the cool, smaller mirrors had me at hello. 


Here's the lighter side… the canvas with the quote had a great sparkle to it and the black and white dots are so fun! Even the light switch covers are fun… and maybe worth a DIY version in the future. 


I really want to do white, black and gold in our basement craft room when that happens. I'll add a few touches of color (Lily loves hot pink with it so it may happen).

And this exit sign… it would be great for a man cave or Nate's room. We don't have a man cave but I'd like to create one for Doug if I take the basement for the craft studio. It would free up my current office and he could have it. 


This wooden sign would be a great way to use up the pallets I have. I may just make it or a similar version. I've been looking into pallet art (you can follow me on Pinterest @thebrickbungalow) for some decor ideas. 


What have you been shopping for??? 

This post is not sponsored in any way. I'm not that lucky! But I honestly love both stores and what I showed here. I did not buy anything I posted about though but may go back another time! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading The Brick Bungalow! Please feel free to leave comments, I always look forward to them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...