{Lily's Room} Hair Accessories

Hello friends! 

I'm breaking away from the bathroom until there's decent progress to show (mainly trim that's happening this week). I'll be back later this week with some updates. 

I wanted to share Lily's new hair accessories holder. It is finally something big enough to hold the majority of her bows and headbands and it has worked for us for a couple of months now.

Over the past few years, I've tried various ways to organize and display her accessories. None of them have worked as much as this and this one is the cutest by far! Plus, it was free! 




I started with the crib spring we already had on hand that wasn't currently being used. It used to be in Lily's old room but never felt right. When Lily moved into her big girl room, it was removed and I gave thought to using it in my office but I didn't like it there. A few months back, I saw someone online with a similar display and I realized I could make it with the supplies I already had. 

Obviously, I started with the crib spring. Then, I grabbed some bright pink spray paint and went to town. It took more than I thought only because of all the nooks and crannies. 

I've included the second photo only to show you what it looked like before being filled up. Due to the amount of spaces, I organized her bows and headbands in rainbow order. Lily loves color and rainbows (check out the rest of her room if you haven't already) and so I liked the idea of it being color coordinated. Plus, it helps with placement. 

The first photo doesn't even show all of her accessories but it shows the majority. She keeps her most used ones out in her room, normally on her dresser or bedside table (as shown in the room tour). 

If you want to know the order, it's pink, then rainbow order (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple) then black, silver and multi-colored and white. She doesn't have many white items, so it got grouped with multi-colored. The large cheerleading bow hangs on the hook but the rest of them clip on to the vertical lines. The sunglasses and headbands are tucked in. 

I love how it shows everything plus adds a great amount of color in her room. Lily recently told me that she doesn't have enough color in her room. I'm not sure if that's what she meant or if she really thinks she needs color. I think she meant rainbows, so this has helped with that. I have a few smaller projects that I hope to add too that she likes. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading The Brick Bungalow! Please feel free to leave comments, I always look forward to them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...