{Backyard Chickens} Coop

The Brick Bungalow now has chickens! If you've been following along on Instagram (@ thebrickbungalow), you've seen them and the coop. If not, let's play catch up, ok?

My dad and I built the coop one day while Doug was at work. And by "we" I mean my dad. He's awesome like that. I tried to help but he's been in construction for over 30 years. 

And before we get to the photos, let's just pretend I've gotten off my butt and painted the shed, ok? It's going to require some help in the form of scaffolding and that makes me nervous but it so needs it!


Gotta check to see if it's level! 


The kids' area is now completely fenced in. It now needs all the grass to die and be replaced magically with mulch. Projects are never ending here. 


Walls! 


Lily showing it off. It's 4 feet by 4 feet and I'm not positive how tall it is. The walls were 4 feet but then there's the peak ... 



The square is on both sides at 1' by 1' for ventilation. 



And then comes the roof! It's a light gray and looks almost white in the sun. If I did it again, I'd go one shade darker. Which, by the way, will most likely be the color of the shed walls. It'll be close with some sort of gray walls. The roof of the shed will be a slightly darker red than the coop siding. 








The siding has been completed since this last photo so check back for the run that we added on! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading The Brick Bungalow! Please feel free to leave comments, I always look forward to them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...