{Home} Back Bedroom, Part 2

 Hello again friends! Two posts in two days - the perks of being at home! 

Did you check out my first blog post about our "Back Bedroom". I'm going to call it that until I figure out it's real purpose in life. But technically it is a bedroom and in order of our rooms, it's the back room. Lily's is the front, Nate's in the middle, and then there's this. 

My dad painted it a beautiful gray color that's slightly on the warmer side which works great with the beautiful floors that he uncovered. These floors weren't even sealed before the carpet and pad were GLUED DOWN EVERYWHERE! He literally hand scraped these babies after putting a glue adhesive remover on them. I truly don't know what I'd do without him. I know I'd be stuck with ugly, gross, shag gray carpet that was flattened down over the years decades. 

And then there's the transition to the kitchen... which is a totally different issue and we'll get to it later. Let's just say that my dad and I have been curious about this room for YEARS. 13 years almost. And guys, side note - the kitchen is getting GUTTED this summer. More on that later. 

But look at those crappy, ugly floors. Eye roll... 






This post got off topic after all the pictures of the layers and layers of crap in the kitchen. We may decide to NOT pull up everything (umm...asbestos) and call it a semi loss - a loss as to not exposing the hardwoods that we are 99% sure are under there (it's all level with the other rooms so it would make sense) and leave the plywood you see in the photos and then tile the whole kitchen like the bathroom (wood look tile). 

It may honestly just be up to my dad if he's into ripping it all up and all the chaos that it'll include, or not. I'm honestly ok with both ways and know that both would look amazing in MY NEW KITCHEN (again, more to come in the summer). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading The Brick Bungalow! Please feel free to leave comments, I always look forward to them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...