{Home} Back Bedroom


I can't find a picture of the true before, but I'll keep looking. It wasn't much better, to be honest, as it was all dingy white paneling and a broken window (thanks to Rex). 


This room was the old TV room that had nasty, gray shag carpet, and the paneling and a weirdly boarded up doorway between this room and Nate's room (in his room it's a closet). 

So, one day while the kids were at their dad's, I ripped off part of the paneling. My dad then stopped by and needless to say, it became a family project. It's obviously gone on from there.

Even Lily joined in! She helped put extra spray foam around all the windows for extra insulation. And talking about insulation, my dad added extra 2 by 4's to the walls (which are brick on brick) and so that allowed extra insulation. On the exterior walls, there's a layer of thin foam (see below), pink insulation, spray foam around outlets and windows, and then the drywall. 




And then the fun part ... paint! I had this idea in my head from an image I found on Pinterest (that I always seem to lose the original source) of a beautiful guest room that went with black and white photos, black accents, and a lot of varieties of animal prints (cheetah, etc). 


I'm still not sure if I want it as a true guest room with a bed and everything or if it'll be a little bit of everything room. Suggestions welcomed! 

I'll continue showing off the room on Instagram and here - check back later for the wood floor details. It's beautiful!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading The Brick Bungalow! Please feel free to leave comments, I always look forward to them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...