{Bathroom} Window Plants


Hello Friends!

If you've been following for awhile, you've heard about the bathroom remodel but I never have truly showed it on the blog. This isn't that post, although I'll do it soon. I need a new shower curtain as the one we use daily shrunk when I washed it and now it's ready for the flood. 

But that's besides the point. The point is that when we remodeled the bathroom down to the studs and replaced the window, I was able to pick everything out. When it came to our window choices, we wanted it to match the windows we've replaced in Lily's Room and our Upstairs Master Suite. But it's the bathroom, so I also wanted privacy. Enter the kind that looks like there's a film - but there's not! It's textured and lets in just the right light but you can't see through it. 

And the plants? They love it! It also helps that we added insulation to the walls by adding an additional 2x4" worth of wall space, making the window sills thick. So it's the perfect spot for my plant babies. Two of my orchids are the happiest here (the others aren't too happy in their West facing window). I also switch out the third pot and recently moved in Lily's terrarium that we made but I think it'll find a new home and one of my other orchids will join in on the fun. And all my hanging plant babies are all air plants and love it too. 


See how happy they all are? Lots of roots, lots of leaves and blooms.

Ignore the towel - they like to stick to the window sill and this is the best way to help with that. Plus, who's looking at the towel when you can look at all the plant babies?

I regularly post these on my Instagram account, although my gardens have been getting all the love lately, as it's nice outside. Go check out thebrickbungalow on Instagram. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading The Brick Bungalow! Please feel free to leave comments, I always look forward to them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...