{Life Lately} The Farm



We have been blessed with the ability to escape our house and small town for my parents' farm. They've been in quarantine with us, as they were watching Nate before it all happened, and we only see each other. I truly feel for those people who can't visit with their parents/grandparents. 

We rode their side by side (we call it the buggy), enjoyed the woods, and visited their pond, where we attempted to catch fish but had no luck. We did see a bunch of bullfrogs that were very loud. 


And while in the woods, we were driving through on the buggy and my mom says "I think that's a bat!" so we stopped and looked - and yep, a little bat was hanging out on the tree limb. I believe it's an Eastern Red Bat, a solitary bat known for living in trees. I was able to get up close and personal with it so I could take a few pictures and a video. After others looked too, it decided to fly away. 

How are you handling this crazy time? As a teacher and a mom, our days have been busy with online meetings and a lot of online work. I participated in a great Zoom yesterday with the creators The Spark File. I am not normally a podcast listener, but I will look into this one - the two ladies were amazing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading The Brick Bungalow! Please feel free to leave comments, I always look forward to them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...