Operation Wallpaper Removal



OK, so I was going to post all the photos on here that I've done so far but Blogger is having issues and I don't have patience anymore. Sooo... this is what you get for now. I'll post more later.

The wallpaper has been up since we bought the place and drove me crazy ever since. I finally have the upstairs finished enough (well... kinda...) that I'm going to focus on the first floor for a minute or two. I had actually started this project two months ago on my Spring Break to see how easy it would come up. It hasn't been a trouble at all, similar to the rest of the wallpaper in our house. Can you believe I've taken wallpaper down in the bathroom, living room, kitchen, and bedroom? I've taken it off of ceilings (yes!), walls, wood trim (seriously!), and on top of textured wallpaper as well. The previous homeowner was a little crazy!

My tip to wallpaper removal, at least so far in this house, has been simple. I pull off the top layer, wet the paper underneath, let it sit, and peel it away. It takes awhile depending on how much glue was used but today it's been easy. I was done with two walls, top and bottom borders (yes, one near the floor and one near the ceiling) in less than 2 hours.

Then comes the boring part - primer and paint.

The first coat of paint is up, so I'll let it dry, put the second coat on, and then take pics for ya. It may need a third coat but I'm not sure.

It's the same color as the upstairs, if you're wondering. Monroe Bisque. Very pretty, simple, light, and soooo much better than what was there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading The Brick Bungalow! Please feel free to leave comments, I always look forward to them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...