Dreams

I've had maybe two repeating dreams in my life... one happened when I was a little girl and it involved my brother and I at our childhood home, alone, when two guys came to rob the place. I had it when I was little-ish and again as a teenager, when I didn't live there. I had it once since living in my own house too.

Last night I had a repeat of another dream with only minor changes to make it more up to date on who I know in this life. But for the most part, the dream stayed exactly the same. I can't even remember when I dreamt it last but probably within the last 3 years.

In the dream, I was either walking or driving (a little of both) through an old neighborhood in our old town. It's a gorgeous neighborhood in real life but this one was slightly different. Still pretty but totally different too. I turned a corner of one of the streets and there were these gorgeous old brick buildings with great painted details. Some were renovated, some needed it, and some were part way in the middle. But every single building, even those that were neglected on the outside, housed different parts of an old school carnival. There were rides in some, bumper cars in another, carousel horses in one. They weren't for use, there wasn't enough room, but they were there. They were beautiful too. I wondered what was going on but there wasn't a single person to ask. They entire place, building after building, was void of any humans. There were probably 10 different good sized buildings on a few different streets, but I could see them all by standing in the center square (kind of like a town square I guess). Then, as I continued walking, I saw that there was one shop on and it was all the carousel horses in it. It was tiny, maybe 10-15 horses total, but it was lit up and spinning. Still, there was no one around.

I continued walking through town and got to a row of houses as I neared the major road. At first I thought, "oh, cute houses" but something got my attention and I turned around and saw another street for the first time and was amazed at the gigantic houses that lined it. These houses, all Victorian like with their brightly painted details and different architectural styles, were 3-4 stories tall and just huge! A few, at the beginning of the street, were maybe the typical style of house you see around my current town for that style of house. 2-3 stories, bright colors, impressive but not nearly as impressive as the mansions a few houses down. It was insane. I wanted to talk to someone about it, fearing that if I looked away, the houses wouldn't be there when I looked back. They were, after I did look around fo someone. In the beginning of my dream, I was with someone but when I was looking at the houses, I was alone. I didn't feel alone though, so I'm not sure what was going on.

I continued walking along and saw a variety of other houses as I neared the major road. Across the major road, coming out of the original road I was walking on (which is very similar to a real road in my old town), I saw two businesses. As I left the carnival/Victorian house area and kept thinking to myself "Wow, someone needs to open that up for visitors!", I saw two people talking about that. There were two shops and I assumed they were the shop owners. One shop was all about clothing for the local college's sports, the other was more of a typical visitor's center with post cards and some cheesy items. One of the shop owners was a lady I work with, the other a strange man.

As I watched them talk, they had no idea I was there, I heard either me say something to someone or someone say something to me about my dad used to cut through that neighborhood on his way to college and that it looked the exact same all those 30-ish years ago.

...

To me, that last part might have been the strangest part of the whole dream. A place that's been the exact same for 30 years but no one's messed with it? And why have I had this dream twice now?!!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading The Brick Bungalow! Please feel free to leave comments, I always look forward to them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...