{Chickens} The Girls


Have I introduced my two newest additions? I know I've shown them on Instagram (@thebrickbungalow). They hate me. They hate everyone except each other. The one on the left had a run in with a dog (one of my two ornery ones) and lost part of her tail. The black beauty gets picked on by the bigger girls but only one spot and it appears to be growing back in. Aren't they pretty though? 

Below is Rachel, in back, she's a Rhode Island Red. Rachel appears to be the watchdog of the group as she watches over everyone at night and likes to be by the door.  Pheobe, in front, is an Easter Egger. Phoebe is the crazy, dinosaur when she's sitting on the eggs. Craziest noises I've ever heard! Neither are the friendliest but I can touch them unlike the two above. 

And yes, three of mine are from Friends. 



Here's Monica - she's a Black Laced Wyandotte. 


And below, my girl, Goldie. She's the friendliest of the seven. Poor Cookie didn't get photographed. But Goldie is the one by my side whenever I'm outside without the dogs. She gets extra treats because of it. She may not look happy here but she's the best one out of the group. She was even friendly to my aunt when they watched them while we were on vacation. 


Do you have chickens? If so, what's your favorite breed? If not, would you want them? I love them! I love looking in our backyard and watching them move around. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading The Brick Bungalow! Please feel free to leave comments, I always look forward to them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...