{Missouri} Lake Trip 2018

Happy Monday!

We just came back from a crazy, busy weekend. We spent the majority of the time on the water at our favorite lake and it's NOT the Lake of the Ozarks. That lake is crazy!

My mom bought a vintage boat a couple years ago and it finally saw this lake. It's been to other places, just not on vacation. 


My girl!


This crazy boy and his amazing hair. 



Lily really wanted to jump off the cliff last year but we didn't let her. This year though, we decided to go check it out and see if she wanted to do it. She was a little nervous but decided to go. She ended up loving it and said its was her favorite part of the trip and what made the day "the best day ever!" She also finally learned how to skip a rock and was successful and caught her first fish! 

And no, Doug did not throw her in even though it kind of looks like it. He was about to jump off himself. 


Doug bought a fish net for fun and he was practicing his skills. He kept catching these pretty fish. None of them were keepers though so they all lived. 


And Mr. Nate had his first this weekend - first time on the tube. I got a few good photos of them but I like the lighting of this one. They were so happy and excited but definitely could feel it the next day. We are looking into buying the type of tube that the kids can sit up on. This tube has been around since I was in high school. 


And my girl, loving some time alone with my parents (and me). Doug stayed back with Nate who was passed out in the cabin. Lily loves to drive the boat and has become really good at it. She was standing up here to see the trash in the lake that turned out to be a beer can and coozy that my dad picked up. 


And the weekend continued with another first with Lily. She went off to Girl Scout Camp. This road leads to her cabin and little area for them. It's part of a bigger camp and I hope she's having a blast!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading The Brick Bungalow! Please feel free to leave comments, I always look forward to them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...