{Garden} Corner Plans


While working on my big computer, I've been editing photos. Did you know I have over 18,000 on this bad boy? Yep...trying to narrow them down but I'm not having any luck after I uploaded Colorado's vacation photos. 

Anyway, I came across the following two photos. The first was from June or July of 2014, the second from August 2014. I had to save them as I've been thinking of this area for awhile. It's become the eyesore of the garden. It no longer looks like this and there's weeds everywhere. 



I like the idea of the height that the sunflowers created in 2014. It all came from bird seed and I've been fighting the seeds ever since. I think this fall, once I can tackle things and my lilies, which are buried somewhere back there, are spent, I'll start from scratch. 

I'm thinking of getting large pieces of cardboard to help with the weed control since it all needs mulched anyway. Then I'll keep the few plants I like - lilies, coneflowers, and the blackberry bush that's in there (one of those tiny ones that's meant for a container...which it may be transferred to), and then I'll rethink the area. 

The fence will stay. It goes the entire length of the garden, which is also the entire length of our house and driveway so it looks nice. But I'm thinking of adding a trellis to where the sunflowers are and getting a climbing rose. I don't have any roses, as I was actually against it after removing a horrible one many years ago, but now I'm thinking it would look great. I could also add one to the front of the garden on the arbor. 

What do you think? Do you have a climbing plant you like? 

I will not do morning glories again (so many seeds!!). I already have a beautiful clematis closer to the front. 

The fire place insert may move too, depending on what gets planted. 

Suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading The Brick Bungalow! Please feel free to leave comments, I always look forward to them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...