{South Side Garden} Garden Update


If you are following me on Instagram (at thebrickbungalow), you might remember that I had one of the original five buckets stolen. Yes, someone actually dug it up (the last one, closest to the fence) and left me some of the stuff that was inside of it. Luckily, we had one more than I was saving for something else that never happened so I replaced it. I then filled all of them with more dirt, compost, and extras to make them nice and healthy for the plants. 

I then added the stone border, put rocks around the meter, planted a few new plants in the ground, and planted tomatoes (and the marigolds) in the buckets. I also put a trellis and a transplanted clematis on the fence. I figured it'd be nice to help pollinators as well as provide food for us. 

Since then, the Missouri heat and our watering (plus some of nature's, but we could use more!), made it all go crazy. Weeds, especially. I'm planning on clearing out the crack between the sidewalk and the foundation (seen above in the shadow) and using the sand that turns into concrete. I figured it's worth a try and some effort, right? 


Ignore the weeds in the back. I desperately need to clean up the sidewalk back there and compost a bunch of the weeds. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading The Brick Bungalow! Please feel free to leave comments, I always look forward to them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...