{Colorado} Trail Ridge Road


I'd go back today if I could. I love the mountains and at one brief point in time, Doug and I had thought about moving there. It was way before kids and we were barely married and at one of those crossroads in young adulthood. Jobs weren't anything serious, our families were good, and no kids. But we stayed put, and I'm happy we did, but I can see many trips to Colorado in our future as time and money allow. 

On this day, we went up Trail Ridge Road for the second time and went from Estes Park all the way to Grand Lake, unlike our other trip where we only went up part of it after our "gravel" road adventure. Colorado's idea of gravel roads is way different than Missouri's, to which we are thankful. 










My dad and Nate, playing around and enjoying the view. 




Lily sporting her new Mount Evans sweat shirt. She didn't make the full hike up as her headache came back. She didn't do well on our first hike up to Mount Evans and the altitude was getting her. But she's a trooper and made it almost all the way up. 


On our way down, we finally saw some elk. A whole group was within eyesight finally and came out of the clearing. 





And then we saw a MOOSE! Yes, that deserves all caps. I've never seen one in person but have always wanted to. So this big guy definitely stopped traffic, even though he was a ways away from the road. 



And Grand Lake's pelicans? Not exactly something you expect there, but beautiful nonetheless.



Don't forget to check out our other Colorado posts! 

Trail Ridge Road - you're here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading The Brick Bungalow! Please feel free to leave comments, I always look forward to them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...