{Colorado} Mount Evans


After the wedding festivities, we decided we finally needed to get these kids on top of a mountain. So our decision was either between Pike's Peak or Mount Evans. I've been to Pike's Peak before and I heard there are some changes (as in you can't drive a car all the way up anymore), but I'm happy we chose Mount Evans. Maybe next time we'll go to Pike's Peak. 

At the top of Mount Evans is a stopping point, nothing major or no shop (that's a little lower down the mountain) but there was once a building and part of it remains. Most of it is stone and flows really well into the Rocky Mountain but then there are these wood steps....


And yes, I became a member of the herd for awhile. Lily wasn't feeling well so I tried to make it brief but come on! Look at these wonderful mountain goats and I was totally in love. 


The marmot was fun too. 


Of course, I wasn't paying attention when we left the hotel and I forgot my good camera, but my mom had her's so I stole it to go be one with the goats. Can you blame me? Look at them, posing away. 



Babies! They were making the cutest little grunts and jumping around. 


Afterwards, we went to a great little shop and cafe. They had some of the best food! It's called Echo Lake Lodge and it was fun. We went there for lunch and then headed back to Denver to meet up with family for a family dinner. 


Found my food pictures! This was known as a "California Burger" that had fried spinach and avocado with it. Definitely too much and the fried spinach tasted like the crispy leaves of roasted Brussel sprouts (which I love). The sweet potato waffle fries were delicious. 


This was their pot pie. I'm not a huge fan of it but the pastry top sure catches your eye! 





Don't forget to check out our other Colorado posts! 

Mount Evans - you're here! 










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading The Brick Bungalow! Please feel free to leave comments, I always look forward to them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...