{Colorado} Vacation Time


During the last week of June, we traveled to Colorado for my cousin's wedding. We decided to make the trip worth it and see some sights along the way, so here's a few posts dedicated to the trip! 

Estes Park
Grand Lake

I love Colorado. I grew up going to Colorado to visit family and I spent time there in 1997 and 2000 for Taekwon-do World Camps, including some of the areas that we went on this vacation. Our kids had never seen the mountains before, so it was a blast to enjoy their "what!" comments as they viewed them and their beauty. 

Here are some random shots from the trip to Colorado through the long (but prettier than I remembered) state of Kansas and Eastern Colorado.



We stopped for lunch in Kansas and luckily they had a playground nearby so the kids could get some wiggles out. It was a nice break in the drive. 



Windmills for days. I like this shot because it shows the new, huge ones, vs the small, old fashioned kind. We were describing both kinds to the kids. 


We ran into a huge storm towards Western Kansas that put us off the road for awhile. We let it blow over while we waited in a parking lot. There was hail and crazy dust storms. 


Not the bear I remember from a fas station, but still a distraction from the 12 hour road trip. The kids did amazing though, so I can't complain! 


Sunset from our hotel. Crazy clouds.

What I forgot to take a photo of was the most delicious meal of our entire trip. It was Mexican from a place called Hacienda Colorado. There are a few of them in the Denver area and wow, I could eat there on a weekly basis. So fresh, so delicious. 


We've taken other family vacations to South Carolina, Alabama and Florida

I broke up the Colorado posts into days/towns. 


I'm having a slight photo issue with the ones on my phone, so I'll continue to update the posts and/or make a new "catch up" post at a later time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading The Brick Bungalow! Please feel free to leave comments, I always look forward to them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...